Begin your journey to parenthood by calling on (03) 9034 5997
Both IVF and ICSI can be overwhelming and bring about their fair share of stress. More and more IVF specialists are recommending acupuncture to increase the chances of a positive pregnancy and birth. At Fertile Seeds of Life, our goal is to help both women and men going through an IVF cycle. Contact us today to book an appointment.
How does Acupuncture Help?
There are several ways acupuncture can have a positive impact on your fertility treatment, especially when it comes to the stress associated with IVF and ICSI.
The calming effect of acupuncture stems from the endorphins released after each session, and it is suggested that this makes the body more receptive to fertility treatment.
Acupuncture also helps increase the blood flow to your uterus and ovaries, leading to a better response to fertility drugs and a thicker uterine lining, which makes an ideal implantation site for the embryo.
Call our team at Fertile Seeds of Life today to set up an appointment!
Better response, better eggs, better lining!
- IVF acupuncture
- Global fertility program
- Preconception care
- Male fertility
- Labour preparation
- Vibrational Sound Therapy
- A personalised approach
- Revolutionary methods
- Available to international customers
- Delivered by experts
- South Yarra
When can I get Acupuncture?
Those thinking about or currently going through an IVF cycle may be familiar with the overwhelming emotions that come with it.
This may be why many IVF specialists are now recommending acupuncture to help support your chances of a positive outcome. At Fertile Seeds of Life, our goal is to support both women and men experiencing any stage of an IVF cycle.
IVF clinics may recommend that you see an acupuncturist when going through these phases of an IVF cycle:
- Stimulated phase – During this phase your IVF specialist will put you on drugs and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) to help stimulate the ovaries to produce a high number of eggs. We usually recommend 2 acupuncture sessions a week before egg collection.
- Egg collection – After egg collection, patients sometimes report feeling bloated and swollen with cramping and breast soreness due to their hormone levels being so high. There can also be local tissue trauma, and some women can develop ovarian hyperstimulation during this time. We recommend having 1–2 acupuncture sessions after egg collection and before IVF transfer.
- In ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection), a single sperm is selected and injected into each egg. This is used in cases where male infertility is severe. This is why it’s so important for men to come in for acupuncture treatment as well as women.
- Embryo transfer – This usually takes place 5 days after egg collection, sometimes earlier. During this time, the embryo is transferred into the uterus. We usually recommend having one acupuncture session before transfer and one acupuncture session after your transfer.
The time following embryo transwer and waiting for the results can be an extremely stressful period and many couples may find themselves anxiously imagining the worst. For this reason, we recommend our patients have 2 acupuncture treatments before discovering their IVF results to help calm the mind.
Your IVF specialist may also recommend acupuncture for the following:
- Poor egg quality
- Poor sperm quality
- Thin endometrial lining
- To support the development of follicles
- Numerous failed embryo transfers
Give us a call today for more advice about how acupuncture can help you in your journey to conceive.
You are more than your age and lab results
Transforming your fertility journey inside out.
Call us now on (03) 9034 5997